Applied Memetics LLC (AM LLC) is seeking a SQL Server Developer, to provide onsite technical support to the Veterans Affairs’ (VA) Continuous Readiness in Information Security Program (CRISP) that transforms how the VA accesses, protects, and transfers information within and outside the VA.
The SQL Server Developer will have expertise in database development and design using OLTP and OLAP systems (SSIS) using Microsoft SQL Server 2011 or 2013. The canddiate will also write complex T-SQL queries to support reporting needs, in addtion to performing systems/data analysis functions.
Works closely with customer, IT management, and staff to provide application development and production support. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, software alternatives, operating time and desired results. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective application programming solution. May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrate purchased solutions.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex production application defects
- Identify root cause and devise and implement permanent solutions to recurring defects
- Monitor production jobs and environments
- Perform in-depth data and systems analysis
- Devise or modify programs to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Analyze business user needs and provide optimal technical solutions.
- Code new programs, enhance existing programs, and/or integrate packaged vendor solutions with existing systems
- Effectively prioritize work while considering business need and urgency
- Work effectively and efficiently on multiple tasks and deadlines and produces high-quality results
- Document, test (unit and integration), implement, and provide on-going support for applications
- Follow SDLC standards, source-code management, and release-management procedures.
- Provide rotational weekly 24 X 7 on-call support for critical applications
- Opportunity to learn and support new technologies