A Cyber Security Engineer, Senior, has extensive IT experience in all aspects of cyber security with a vast array of IT systems involving end-user, as well as enterprise-level, networks. Experience in designing and implementing systems that meet agency cyber-security policy and regulations. Must have extensive experience in cyber-security tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks.
Addtional responsiblirties include:
- Assist with implementing SIEM-based log monitoring for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Assist with developing integration strategies between SIEM logging solution and other security tools (e.g., SPLUNK).
- Provide technical support to VA activities that require change approval.
- Provide on-the-spot SIEM system troubleshooting and technical engineering support in each of the VA’s trusted internet connection gateways.
- Support log generation and aggregation to provide consolidated monitored data, support configuration of correlation techniques available to specific tool types to improve attribution.
- Provide tools that accurately communicate with alert systems to improve to improve incident and action response management, configure data retention controls to ensure optimized reporting and analysis activities involve cyber security.
- Assist in developing and maintaining process and procedure documentation, provide recommendations for improving responsiveness of the VA’s incident categorization and escalation decision making process.
- Provide technical expertise-level support with database technologies, vulnerability scanning tools, analyzing and communication security issues with system admins, coordinating and troubleshooting computer/network connection issues and provide support for MS Office and Excel manipulation for logging data and records.
- Knowledge of common ports, provide Command Line Support, ability to create actionable scan reports for a variety of scanning tools
**Applicants with multi-factor authentication and PKI experience are highly sought**